Commercial Land & Development
Our Commercial Land & Development team act for buyers and sellers of land. Whether it’s a small strip from a neighbour to add to your garden or a complex site assembly for mixed use development, we have a wealth of experience in representing the best interests of landowners, developers and investors at all levels.
Land & Development Solicitors
Whether you are a housebuilder or developer who is looking at buying land for development, or a land owner wanting to maximise hidden land values, our specialist team have the experience and knowledge to support you and provide expert legal advice.
With four offices in Derby, Burton, Ashby and Swadlincote, we cover the East Midlands and beyond.
If it’s a one-off consultation on a specific issue or you are looking to appoint a law firm on an ongoing basis, we are here to help. We have a range of cost options (including fixed fee) which can be agreed with you on a case by case or quarterly basis. Whichever option works for you, we will provide regular updates so that you are in control of your finances.
Wealth of Experience
Timms’ Commercial Land & Development experts are experienced in getting excellent results for clients dealing with:-
- Strategic land for sale or purchase
- Land which has hidden value – working with surveyors to unlock the potential for future development
- Freehold sales, straight to transfer where this is the most cost-effective solution
- Contracts (agreements) for the sale of land which are tailored to your specific requirements, for example where the acquisition of land is made condition on the grant of outline planning consent or reserved matters approval, or on satisfactory ground suitability reports being commission and received before you progress to transfer of the legal ownership.
- Option agreements, allowing a buyer to call for the land to be sold to them, usually on preferential terms, at some point in the future – essentially making a reservation when you see a good deal, whether or not you decide to eventually go ahead with it.
- Overage or clawback agreements
- Land promotion agreements
- Development agreements
- Auction sales
- Auction purchases – due diligence investigation and report of auction packs prior to bidding; dealing with legal completion following a successful bid at auction.
- Joint venture agreements dealing with the release of developed land values and distribution of profits
Tailored To Your Business
We are proud of our personal but professional approach. We take a genuine interest in you, your business and your people. We welcome the opportunity to meet with you ‘face-to-face’ at any of our offices or at your workplace – or via video conferencing – even at short notice.
Whilst we have extensive commercial legal experience, we will tap into specialist areas of expertise where necessary, having forged strong working relationships with, for example, locally based intellectual property consultants with international expertise.
Our Commercial Land & Development Team
Ashby & Derby Offices
Tel: 01530 564498
Principally based in our Ashby and Derby offices, he qualified in 2012 and joined the firm in 2015, having previously worked in Leicester and Northampton.
Matt has wide experience of all aspects of commercial property; including freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals, commercial developments, property finance and pension related matters - acting for both seller and buyer and landlord and tenant. He also has experience in dealing with conditional contracts, options and overage arrangements and all landlord and tenant transactions including lease renewals, surrenders, assignments, sublets and licences.
While Matt’s focus is on commercial property he also has considerable experience in residential conveyancing.
Tel: 01332 364436
Matt originally studied Theology at the University of Nottingham before finding his passion in the Law. Matt was awarded a commendation in the Law Conversion Course at Nottingham Law School in 2017, and in July 2019 completed the Legal Practice Course.
Matt is committed to providing an excellent level of service to the firm’s expanding base of Commercial Clients.
Results that speak for themselves
We have dealt with Timms commercial property team on several occasions and they have provided a considered and no-nonsense approach to transactions. It is refreshing to work alongside a team who provide sound advice to clients and want to get the deal done - Tim Richardson, FHP
Thank you for guiding us so expertly through our commercial lease. Everything was explained so clearly and we really appreciate all the time and care you took to ensure we were well informed at every stage of the process. You took so much care to be thorough and accurate; it felt like you had our best interests at heart the whole time - Breathing Space Yoga
Working alongside Timms Solicitors is always a pleasure, their open pro active nature is refreshing and help progress deals to a swift conclusion - Graham Bancroft, BBJ Commercial