Work For Us
Naturally, we’re quite selective, but we are always keen to hear from individuals who can encourage business growth whilst offering empathetic and successful outcomes for our clients. So, if we are not advertising a specific vacancy, but you like what you see, then you are welcome to contact us on a speculative basis.
If you are a solicitor, we are always on the look out for individuals with drive and focus to compliment our team in the industry sectors displayed on this site. You’ll need to demonstrate how you would fit in with our business model and how you would help create value for an excellent range of clients who are constantly changing and seeking value through innovative legal advice in an open, friendly and welcoming environment.
If you’re not a lawyer, we also have supporting administrative roles; send us your CV and tell us how you could contribute toward the efforts of our support teams, solicitors and management team.
Trainee Solicitor Recruitment at Timms
Our Trainee Solicitor programme offers a pathway which is designed to bring on new talent internally and externally.
We are pleased to announce that there will be two solicitor Training Contracts available commencing in January 2022. For further details, please click the link below:
Family Legal Secretary/Assistant
We are currently looking to recruit a Legal Assistant within the Childcare team based in Derby. This is a full-time role in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate must have the following skills:
- Excellent typing skills/Audio typing
- Diary management
- Legal aid experience
- Family Public Law experience desirable
- Ability to manage own time, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Preparing bundles
- Diary management & booking appointments and meetings
- Dealing with client queries and liaising with professional and lay clients
- Minimum of 2 years secretarial experience.
Client Services Team Member/ Front of House
We have an excellent opportunity for a full-time Client Services Team Member to join our team in Burton on Trent.
The Client Services Team is the first contact a client has with our firm both on the telephone, by email and in person. The role focusses on delivering an outstanding service for existing and potential clients, building relationships at all levels. A professional approach/demeanour is required at all times.
Whilst exceeding client expectations, the role involves a high level of data management and recording. The role will include:
– Manage incoming telephone enquiries and signpost to the correct team. All enquiries are to be recorded electronically and submitted to the Marketing Manager.
– Respond to telephone, email or in person enquiries from external clients in a professional manner. Ensuring appropriate follow up on any actions as required which should be documented in our CRM system.
– Engage with any onsite visitors; answering the door, seating clients in meeting rooms in a Covid secure way.
– Manage the firms web chat and email enquiries. Answering queries, engaging with potential clients and forwarding any legal questions to the relevant team.
– Data processing and management of databases, ensuring accurate and timely import of information.
– Support the Marketing Manager with the daily analysis of new business calls and conversion ratios.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate outstanding organisation and communication skills, first class customer service and excellent interpersonal skills but also have:
– A professional appearance/ manner
– Infectious enthusiasm
– Attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate records
– Excellent IT skills, specifically in Microsoft Word & Excel
– Excellent written English
– Ability to work as a team player but have the initiative to work alone
– A desire to problem solve and exceed expectation
Get In Touch
Timms Solicitors have been established since 1892 and have over 125 years of providing advice and guidance for clients.
With four offices in Derby, Burton upon Trent, Ashby de la Zouch and Swadlincote, please get in touch to talk to us about becoming one of the team. You can either send an email to email@example.com or you can call us on freephone 0800 011 6666.