Fixed Fee Divorce
Our fixed fee divorce package has been developed to provide a cost-effective solution for dealing with the divorce process. It gives you peace of mind from the outset and ensures that you will receive a professional service at a fixed price.
We understand that the breakdown of any relationship is a sensitive and stressful time, and that legal costs can be an additional worry.
Fixed Fee Initial Interview
We offer an initial fixed fee appointment to all new clients where you can discuss your individual circumstances with one of our family lawyers. This interview proves useful as you will be able to consider, legally, which avenues are available to you to enable you to move forward. Included within the fixed fee is a letter of advice which sets out these things for you in writing.
Fixed Fee Divorce
After your fixed fee initial interview, if you wish to go ahead your divorce, our fixed fee package is detailed below:
If you are the person starting the divorce (known as the ‘Applicant’) our fixed fee for a straightforward divorce is £700 plus VAT. An application fee is payable to the Court too. At the moment that is £593.
The fees can be broken down into two instalments as follows:
- £350 plus VAT payable when you first instruct Timms to act for you, plus the £593 Court fee. We will then pay this to the Court for you when we apply for the divorce for you
- The balance of £350 plus VAT payable following the receipt of the Conditional Order and before we apply for the Final Order on your behalf.
If you ask us to deal with a divorce for you that has been brought by your former partner you will be the Respondent. The fees are different. Our fixed fee package for dealing with a straightforward divorce for a Respondent is £350 plus VAT.
The fees can be broken down into two instalments as follow:
- £200 plus VAT payable when you first instruct Timms to act for you
- £150 plus VAT payable following the receipt of the Conditional Order and prior to the Final Order being sent to you.
Our Fixed Fee Service makes the legal process of divorce easy and hassle free, it includes all steps from your first appointment through to obtaining the Final Order, which completes the divorce.
In some cases, our fixed fee divorce would not be appropriate. In those cases, we will provide an estimate of fees for you at your fixed fee interview. This ensure that you are aware of the costs that you are likely to incur before those costs are incurred.
Whilst our fixed fee divorce package does not include the following, we are able to offer services, advice and estimates of costs that are specific to your circumstances:
- Disputing the divorce and cross applying for a divorce
- Amending the divorce petition
- Translation of the marriage certificate into another language
- Difficulties with service of the application for divorce
- Issues relating to children
- Resolving financial and /or property issues
This work will be charged at the hourly rate of the lawyer dealing with your case. An estimate of the likely costs will be provided, and your approval sought before any significant work is carried out on your behalf.
Our downloadable ‘Divorce Guide’ takes you through the entire process and helps with frequently asked questions – please see below in our ‘Download’ section
How Can Timms Help?
If you would like to discuss your options with one of our specialist family lawyers, please don’t hesitate to get in contact. You can call us on 0800 011 6666 or reach us by email at email@example.com.